Solaris Display Driver – x64/x86
Operating System: Solaris x64/x86
Release Date: November 14, 2008
- Added initial support for PureVideo-like features on Linux via the new VDPAU API (see the vdpau.h header file installed with the driver).
- Added new workstation performance optimizations.
- Enabled the X Render "GlyphCache" by default.
- Disabled shared memory X pixmaps by default; see the“AllowSHMPixmaps" option.
- Fixed a regression that could result in window decorationcorruption when running Compiz using Geforce 6 and 7 series GPUs.
- Improved X pixmap placement on GeForce 8 series and later GPUs.
- Improved stability on some GeForce 8 series and newer GPUs.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Download the Driver File
Download - NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-180.06.run
STEP 3: Install
Type "sh NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-180.06.run" to install the driver, then edit your X config file as appropriate. See the README for more detailed instructions.
If you have any questions or problems, please check the NVIDIA Solaris discussion forum.
You can also contact Sun Microsystems for support at http://sunsolve.sun.com, or your local service provider.