Solaris Display Driver – x64/x86
Operating System: Solaris x64/x86
Release Date: January 8, 2009
- Added support for the following GPUs:
- Added initial support for PureVideo-like features via the new VDPAU API (see the vdpau.h header file installed with the driver).
- Added preliminary support for OpenGL 3.0.
- Added new OpenGL workstation performance optimizations.
- Enabled the glyph cache by default and extended its support to all supported GPUs.
- Disabled shared memory X pixmaps by default; see the "AllowSHMPixmaps" option.
- Fixed an nvidia-settings crash when xorg.conf contains Device and Screen sections but no ServerLayout section.
- Fixed a problem parsing the monitor sync range X config file options.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Download the Driver File
Download - NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-180.22.run
STEP 3: Install
Type "sh NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-180.22.run" to install the driver, then edit your X config file as appropriate. See the README for more detailed instructions.
If you have any questions or problems, please check the NVIDIA Solaris discussion forum.
You can also contact Sun Microsystems for support at http://sunsolve.sun.com, or your local service provider.