DIRECT ACCESS TO NVIDIA GRID™ vGPU™ WITH VMware Horizon® and vSphere®
APPLICATION INFORMATION AND PROGRAM BENEFITS
NVIDIA and VMware recently announced a Direct Access program that provides qualified enterprise customers the benefit of customized, hands-on support and consulting with NVIDIA and VMware’s End User Computing (EUC) resources. This partnership will assist and accelerate the deployment of Horizon desktop virtualization leveraging NVIDIA GRID vGPU with VMware Horizon and vSphere. This is an exclusive, limited access program for select worldwide customers who meet direct access program requirements. In order to qualify you must be a current VMware customer, running vSGA or vDGA on NVIDIA GRID K1 or K2 hardware today.
DIRECT ACCESS PROGRAM BENEFITS
Approved candidates that are enrolled in the program will receive:
- Direct access to NVIDIA and VMware resources to help optimize your deployment
- Receive early access to evaluate new technologies and products
- Invitation to participate in a Private Direct Access program forum monitored by NVIDIA and VMware technical experts
- Provide direct input on the product to NVIDIA and VMware product managers, engineers and technical teams to influence future products, training, documentation, and services
- Collaborate with other program participants and share feedback via a private Direct Access community
- Invitation to bi-monthly webinars only open to program participants
- Priority Access to EUC consulting services from both VMware and NVIDIA (costs associated)
- Channel Partner participation in Direct Access program with their customer
Q: Who is eligible for this program?
A: Customers with deployment targets of 500 or more seats.
Q: Do I need special equipment and software to join this program?
A: Yes, program members must be existing VMware vSphere Customer and have GRID enabled servers installed. Additionally you must run the GRID vGPU deployment on VMware Horizon.
Q: Can I run the vGPU on vSphere on my existing Horizon View infrastructure?
A: No. You need to upgrade to the latest version vSphere 6 and vGPU manager from NVIDIA. We recommend that customers build and maintain a separate test and evaluation environment.
Q: How difficult will it be to build the test and evaluation environment?
A: To be successful in this program, you will need to be familiar with setting up and managing a VMware Horizon environment.
Q: I am a Citrix customer; can I participate in the program?
A: You can participate in the program as long as you are also a VMware customer using Horizon and vSphere today, and deploying the vGPU desktops on VMware Horizon.
Q: I am running VMware Horizon but do not yet use vSGA or vDGA, can I sign up for the program?
A: Yes. We are giving priority to customers who are planning or have deployed vSGA or vDGA and a minimum of 500 seats or more, but will evaluate customers who are interested in adopting vGPU on Horizon.
Q: I am a NVIDIA or VMware Channel Partner can I participate?
A: Yes please apply with the customer you would nominate for the program. If accepted you will partner with them in the Direct Access Program.
Participants must have the following:
- VMware account
- Access to GA version of vSphere and vGPU Manager.
- Existing VMware Horizon deployment (either in production or evaluation)
- NVIDIA GRID K1 or K2 and supporting hardware