NVIDIA Showcases Award-Winning Technology at Computex 2005
NVIDIA® Products Deliver Uncompromised Photos, Video, Games, and Performance
For further information, contact:
NVIDIA Taipei Office
(886) 2 2175 5731
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
COMPUTEX 2005—TAIPEI, TAIWAN—MAY 31, 2005—NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), a worldwide leader in graphics and digital media processors, today announced it will showcase its award-winning line-up of innovative technologies and products at Computex 2005. During the show, which runs from May 31 to June 4 at the Taipei World Trade Center (TWTC), Computex visitors will discover why they should “NSIST on NVIDIA” for uncompromised digital media, gaming, photo, and video experiences on their PCs and other devices.
At the NVIDIA booth in Hall 1, Stand 709, NVIDIA has teamed up with a variety of partners, including Chenbro Micro and iWill, to enable visitors to experience the power and advanced capabilities of NVIDIA products:
- NVIDIA nForce™4 media and communications processors (MCPs), which provide high-speed system performance, unparalleled secure networking, and advanced storage solutions for AMD and Intel-based desktop PCs. For the first time, NVIDIA will preview its next-generation NVIDIA nForce MCPs with GeForce™ graphics processing units (GPUs) for media-center, digital media, and small-form factor PCs.
- NVIDIA GeForce 6 Series GPUs, the latest-generation of the Company’s award-winning top-to-bottom product line for desktop PCs.
- NVIDIA SLI™ technology allows NVIDIA GeForce6 series GPUs or NVIDIA Quadro® workstation boards to work in tandem, delivering blistering frame rates and unprecedented levels of visual realism in today’s hottest games and industrial design applications.
- NVIDIA PureVideo™ technology, an advanced combination of hardware and software that significantly improves the capabilities of the PC as a video playback device, providing home theatre quality video on desktop and notebook PCs.
- NVIDIA GeForce Go 6 Series and Mobile PCI Express Module (MXM) brings state-of-the-art NVIDIA GeForce 6 Series performance to notebook platforms with a consistent graphics interface enabling interchangeable graphics cards in notebook PCs.
- NVIDIA GoForce™ Series-powered devices, the NVIDIA family of wireless media processors (WMPs) adopted by leading mobile phone manufacturers
“Computex provides an amazing opportunity for NVIDIA to demonstrate how our technologies have made a huge impact on digital media devices such as mobile phones, corporate PCs, entertainment PCs, notebooks, workstations, and game consoles,” said David Roman, vice president of worldwide corporate marketing at NVIDIA. “These solutions are on display at the NVIDIA booth and at 22 of our partners’ booths, demonstrating the benefit of ‘NSISTing on NVIDIA’.”
Other show activities include:
- NSIST on NVIDIA pavilions: NVIDIA will organize activities at two outdoor pavilions at the New York New York Department Store.
- NVIDIA nForce Show: a special display wall will feature 24 NVIDIA nForce-based motherboards from partners including Abit, Albatron, Aopen, Arima, Asus, Biostar, Chaintech, DFI, ECS, Epox, Foxconn, Gigabyte, Inventec, iWill, Jetway, MSI, Soltek, and Tyan.
- Lucky Draw: More than 100 NVIDIA-powered graphics boards and motherboards, and five barebones systems sponsored by iWill will be given away throughout the five days in daily lucky draws. Visitors to NVIDIA’s booth can also take part in a lucky draw for the top prize, an ultimate gaming PC by Chenbro Micro, a leading chassis maker. To participate in the lucky draw, visitors need to collect stamps from 10 booths, including the NVIDIA booth. Visitors can drop their completed cards at the lucky draw box at the NVIDIA booth. Drawings will be held daily with three prizes for winners. The ultimate gaming PC will be given out at the grand drawing on June 4.
- Dazzling Dancers: NSIST on NVIDIA dancers will visit partners’ booths.
- Billboards: Look for the NSIST on NVIDIA message on billboards around the exhibition areas from partners ASUS, Gigabyte, Leadtek, and MSI.
NVIDIA products will be displayed by NVIDIA partners including: Acer, Abit, Albatron, AMD, Aopen, Arima, ASUSTeK, AVC, Biostar, Chaintech, Chenbro, Clevo, Compal, Corsair, DFI, ECS, Ennyah, Epox, FIC, Foxconn, FSP, Gainward, Galaxy, Geminan, Gigabyte, Innovisio, Inventec, Jetway, Leadtek, Logitech, Medion, Mitac, MSI, Palit, Pine, Prolink, Quanta, Seagate, Sharp, Soltek, Sony, Sparkle, Toshiba, Twinhead, Tyan, Uniwill, XFX, and Wistron.
For more information about NVIDIA at Computex Taipei 2005, visit http://www.nvidia.com.tw/content/apevents/Computex2005/Computex_TW/index.html
NVIDIA Corporation is a worldwide leader in graphics and digital media processors. The Company’s products enhance the end-user experience on consumer and professional computing devices. NVIDIA graphics processing units (GPUs), media and communications processors (MCPs), and wireless media processors (WMPs) have broad market reach and are incorporated into a variety of platforms, including consumer and enterprise PCs, notebooks, workstations, PDAs, mobile phones, and video game consoles. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and employs more than 2,100 people worldwide. For more information, visit the Company’s Web site at www.nvidia.com.
Certain statements in this press release including, but not limited to, the features, benefits, performance and capabilities of our products and technologies, Computex and the lucky draw are forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause results to be materially different than expectations. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, industry trends, delays in ramping products into production, manufacturing or software defects, the impact of competitive products and pricing alternatives, development of more effective or efficient graphics cards, changes in industry standards and interfaces, and other risks detailed from time to time in the NVIDIA reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission including its Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended January 30, 2005. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date hereof. NVIDIA disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
# # #
Copyright © 2005 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on NVIDIA, please visit the NVIDIA Press Room at http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=press_room.