NVIDIA OVERVIEWVision, innovation and market leadership
- Founded in 1993
- Jen-Hsun Huang is co-founder, president and CEO
- Headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif.
- Listed with NASDAQ under the symbol NVDA in 1999
- Invented the GPU in 1999 and has shipped more than 1 billion to date
- 8,000 employees worldwide
- $4.2 billion in revenue in FY13
- More than 5,500 patents issued, allowed or filed
DID YOU KNOW?
- Every film nominated over the past four years for the Academy Award for Best Visual Effects was made using NVIDIA technology.
- Medical researchers at France's LIRMM use Tesla GPUs to "virtually" still a beating heart, enabling surgeons to treat patients by guiding robotic arms that predict and adjust for movement.
- NVIDIA processors will drive the infotainment systems and digital instrument clusters in more than 100 cars, including models from Tesla Motors, Audi, Lamborghini, Mini, Rolls Royce and VW.
- Tegra 4 is the world's fastest quad-core mobile processor.
- On the November 2012 list of the Top500 supercomputers, 50 systems were powered by NVIDIA GPUs, including the world’s fastest supercomputer.
- NVIDIA ranked #6 on Newsweek's list of "Greenest Companies" in 2012.