FreeBSD Display Driver – x86
Operating System: FreeBSD-x86
Release Date: June 22, 2005
- Added support for the latest NVIDIA GPUs, including GeForce 7800 GTX and GeForce 6200 AGP.
- Added OpenGL 2.0 Support.
- Added initial support for Xinerama + OpenGL; see APPENDIX V in the Linux text README.
- Added support for the EXT_framebuffer_object OpenGL extension.
- Added NV-CONTROL support for manipulating DDC/CI settings; see the AllowDDCCI X config option in the Linux text README.
- Added support for GPU clock manipulation; see the "Coolbits" X config option documented in Appendix D.
- Improved support for Quadro FX 4000 SDI.
- Added support for NVIDIA Quadro G-Sync.
- Improved DPMS behavior on flatpanels.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License. You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Review Documentation
README - FreeBSD installation and configuration information.
STEP 3: Download the driver
Download Alternatives: Mirror Site 1, Mirror Site 2, Mirror Site 3
STEP 4: Check dependencies
The dependencies are listed in the README.
STEP 5: Install
See the README for detailed installation instructions. If you have any questions or problems, please check the Linux discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email to email@example.com.