FreeBSD Display Driver – x86
Operating System: FreeBSD-x86
Release Date: May 22, 2006
- Added support for new GPUs, such as QuadroFX 4500 X2, Quadro FX 5500, Quadro FX 3500, and Quadro FX 1500.
- Improved Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI support.
- Fixed video memory reporting with GeForce 6200 Turbo Cache.
- Fixed a problem with Overlay support when in TwinView.
- Fixed several issues with mode selection for CRTs and DFPs.
- Fixed a corruption problem with Rotation and large desktops on older GPUs, including GeForce4 MX.
- Fixed a system crash starting X with TwinView on certain GPUs.
- Addressed an NV-CONTROL compatibility issue; please see the Known Issues section of the README for details.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License. You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Review Documentation
README - FreeBSD installation and configuration information.
STEP 3: Download the driver
Download Alternatives: Mirror Site 1, Mirror Site 2, Mirror Site 3
STEP 4: Check dependencies
The dependencies are listed in the README.
STEP 5: Install
See the README for detailed installation instructions. If you have any questions or problems, please check the FreeBSD discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.