FreeBSD Display Driver – x86
Operating System: FreeBSD x86
Release Date: : April 10, 2008
- Added support for the following new GPUs:
- Quadro FX 3600M
- GeForce 9800 GX2
- GeForce 9800 GTX
- GeForce 9600 GT
- GeForce 9500M GS
- GeForce 8400
- GeForce 8400 GS
- Added support for Quadro FX 5600/4600 SDI and Quadro G-Sync II.
- Fixed a problem that caused OpenGL to stop rendering to windows with origins at or beyond 4096 pixels (horizontally) on GeForce 8 and 9 GPUs.
- Fixed OpenGL rendering corruption with textures compressed using the DXT5 compression algorithm.
- Fixed a regression that caused invalid EDIDs to be detected for the internal display device on some notebooks.
- Fixed a problem that caused the synchronization signal polarity to always be positive for DVI devices on GeForce 8 and 9 GPUs.
- Fixed a problem that caused TV output on secondary TVs to be black and white on some GPUs.
- Added initial support for FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Review Documentation
README - FreeBSD installation and configuration information.
STEP 3: Download the driver
STEP 4: Check dependencies
The dependencies are listed in the README.
STEP 5: Install
See the README for detailed installation instructions. If you have any questions or problems, please check the FreeBSD discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email (in English) to email@example.com. When emailing firstname.lastname@example.org please attach an nvidia-bug-report.log, which is generated by running "nvidia-bug-report.sh".