Operating System: FreeBSD x86
Release Date: : March 30, 2009
- Added support for the following GPUs:
- Quadro FX 3800
- Quadro FX 3700M
- Quadro FX 1800
- Quadro FX 580
- Quadro FX 380
- Quadro NVS 295
- GeForce GT 120
- GeForce G100
- Fixed a problem that could cause Xid errors and display corruption in certain cases when OpenGL is used to render to redirected windows,
for example when Java2D is used with the -Dsun.java2d.opengl=true option.
- Updated glGetStringi(GL_EXTENSIONS, i) to no longer return NULL in OpenGL 3.0 preview contexts.
- Fixed OpenGL crashes when using a large number of texture objects.
- Fixed the timestamp reporting in the GL_NV_present_video extension on SDI II with Quadro FX 4800 and 5800.
- Fixed a problem that caused the screen to flicker momentarily when OpenGL applications exit unexpectedly on GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs.
- Fixed an X server crash when an X client attempts to draw trapezoids and RenderAccel is disabled.
- Improved recovery from certain types of errors.
- Added support for RG renderbuffers in OpenGL 3.0.
- Added support for OpenGL 3.0 floating-point depth buffers.
- Updated VDPAU to support VC-1/WMV acceleration on all GPUs supported by VDPAU; see the README for details.
- Fixed VDPAU corruption on some H.264 clips.
- Updated VDPAU documentation in the README and in vdpau.h, in particular regarding how to use the deinterlacing algorithms
in the VdpVideoMixer object. Explicitly documented "half rate" deinterlacing, which should allow the advanced algorithms to run
on more low-end systems.
- Implemented a "skip chroma deinterlace" option in VDPAU, which should allow the advanced deinterlacing algorithms to run
on more low-end systems. See vdpau.h.
- Fixed VDPAU VC-1 decoding on 64-bit platforms.
- Updated the VDPAU wrapper library to print dlerror() messages when driver loading problems occur.
- Improved VDPAU's handling of some corrupt H.264 streams, and some corrupt/invalid MPEG streams on some GPUs.
- Fixed VDPAU to correctly handle WMV "range reduction" on some GPUs. A minor backwards-compatible API change was made
for this; see vdpau.h's documentation for structure field
- Fixed a problem that caused surfaces to be marked as visible too early when the blit presentation queue is in use.
- Fixed VDPAU to prevent some cases of "display preemption" in the face of missing H.264 reference frames on some GPUs.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Review Documentation
README - FreeBSD installation and configuration information.
STEP 3: Download the driver
STEP 4: Check dependencies
The dependencies are listed in the README.
STEP 5: Install
See the README for detailed installation instructions. If you have any questions or problems, please check the NVIDIA FreeBSD Discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org. When emailing email@example.com please attach an nvidia-bug-report.log, which is generated by running "nvidia-bug-report.sh".