Operating System: FreeBSD x86
Release Date: : April 21, 2009
- Added support for the following GPUs:
GeForce 9600 GSO 512
GeForce 9400 GT
GeForce GTS 250
GeForce GT 140
GeForce GT 130
- Updated nvidia-bug-report.sh to compress its log file; running
`nvidia-bug-report.sh` now produces "nvidia-bug-report.log.gz".
- Addressed a problem that could lead to intermittent hangs
and system crashes on some GeForce 9 and later GPUs.
- Fixed an X server crash when viewing the website www.tim.it.
- Fixed a DisplayPort interaction problem with power management
- Fixed rendering corruption in the OpenGL 16-bit RGB Workstation
- Fixed a recent VDPAU regression that caused aborted playback
>and hangs when decoding some H.264 clips on G84, G86, G92, G94,
G96, and GT200 GPUs.
- Fixed occasional X driver memory management performance problems
when a composite manager is running.
- Fixed a bug that could interfere with the detection of display devices attached to secondary GPUs when first starting X
after cold boots.
- Fixed a problem that could result in temporary stalls when moving OpenGL application windows on GeForce 8 and
- Fixed a bug that prevented VGA fonts from being saved/restored correctly on GeForce 8 and later GPUs.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Review Documentation
README - FreeBSD installation and configuration information.
STEP 3: Download the driver
STEP 4: Check dependencies
The dependencies are listed in the README.
STEP 5: Install
See the README for detailed installation instructions. If you have any questions or problems, please check the NVIDIA FreeBSD Discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email (in English) to email@example.com. When emailing firstname.lastname@example.org please attach an nvidia-bug-report.log, which is generated by running "nvidia-bug-report.sh".