Linux Display Driver - AMD64/EM64T
Operating System: Linux AMD64/EM64T
Release Date: December 5, 2005
- Fixed GeForce 7800 GTX clocking problem that affected 3D performance.
- Added support for NVIDIA SLI. Please see the README for details.
- Added a new utility 'nvidia-xconfig', which is a commandline tool for updating X configuration files.
- Added support for new GeForce 6100, GeForce 6150 and GeForce 7800 GTX 512.
- Added manpages for 'nvidia-xconfig', 'nvidia-settings', and 'nvidia-installer'.
- Made UseEdidFreqs "on" by default; the NVIDIA X driver will use the valid HorizSync and VertRefresh frequency ranges from the EDID whenever possible.
- Added support for Stereo Digital Flat Panels such as the SeeReal and Sharp3D DFPs.
- Added HTML version of the README.
- Added support for static Rotation; see the "Rotate" X config option in the README.
- Improved stability on 64-bit Linux 2.6 kernels.
- Fixed driver installation when SELinux is enabled.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Download the Driver File
Download - NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-8174-pkg2.run
SuSE users: please read the SuSE NVIDIA Installer HOWTO before downloading the driver.
STEP 3: Install
Type "sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-8174-pkg2.run" to install the driver. NVIDIA now provides a utility to assist you with configuration of your X config file. Please see Chapter 3 of the README or run 'man nvidia-xconfig' for details on usage. Instructions for those wishing to edit their X config file by hand can also be found in the README.
If you have any questions or problems, please check the linux discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email (in English) to email@example.com.
When emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, please attach an nvidia-bug-report.log, which is generated by running "nvidia-bug-report.sh".