Operating System: Linux x86
Release Date: March 09, 2009
- Improved compatibility with recent Linux kernels.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in AGP FW/SBA settings and overrides being applied incorrectly when using the Linux kernel's
AGP GART driver.
- Fixed a bug that could trigger kernel BUG() failures when stress testing setup/teardown paths.
- Fixed a problem that caused 'nvidia-installer' to remove Compiz's libglx.so.
- Added the ability to run distribution provided pre- and post- installation hooks to 'nvidia-installer'; please see the
'nvidia-installer' manual page for details.
- Added 'nvidia-uninstall' as a shortcut for `nvidia-installer --uninstall`.
- Re-enabled support for non-SSE CPUs.
- Fixed a server crash triggered by Kopete's 'new message' popup dialog when a composite manager is enabled.
- Fixed a bug that caused window decorations to be corrupted in Compiz.
- Fixed corruption in KDE 4 when OpenOffice is launched.
- Fixed a problem that prevented the console from being restored on some notebooks.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Download the Driver File
Download - NVIDIA-Linux-x86-173.14.18.pkg1.run
SuSE users: please read the SuSE NVIDIA Installer HOWTO before downloading the driver.
STEP 3: Install
Type "sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-173.14.18-pkg1.run" to install the driver. NVIDIA now provides a utility to assist you with configuration of your X server configuration file. Please see Chapter 3 of the README or run 'man nvidia-xconfig' for details on usage. Instructions for those wishing to edit their X config file by hand can also be found in the README.
If you have any questions or problems, please check the NVIDIA Linux discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When emailing email@example.com, please attach an nvidia-bug-report.log, which is generated by running "nvidia-bug-report.sh".