Solaris Display Driver – x64/x86
Operating System: Solaris x64/x86
Release Date: December 22, 2005
- Improved stability with the Composite X extension.
- Fixed a corruption bug with RenderAccel and the Composite X extension when using wide desktops.
- Fixed detection of certain older TV encoders.
- Added support for NVIDIA SLI. Please see the README for details.
- Added a new utility 'nvidia-xconfig', which is a commandline tool for updating X configuration files.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Download the Driver File
Download - NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-1.0-8178.run
STEP 3: Install
Type "sh NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-1.0-8178.run" to install the driver, then edit your X config file as appropriate. See the README for more detailed instructions. NVIDIA now provides a utility to assist you with configuration of your X config file. Please see Chapter 3 of the README or run 'man nvidia-xconfig' for details on usage. Instructions for those wishing to edit their X config file by hand can also be found in the README.
If you have any questions or problems, please check the NVIDIA Solaris Discussion forum.
You can also contact Sun Microsystems for support at http://sunsolve.sun.com, or your local service provider.