Solaris Display Driver – x64/x86
Operating System: Solaris x64/x86
Release Date: May 22, 2006
- Added support for new GPUs, such as QuadroFX 4500 X2, Quadro FX 5500, Quadro FX 3500, and Quadro FX 1500.
- Improved Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI support.
- Fixed a problem with Overlay support when in TwinView.
- Fixed problems starting X with SLI Frame Rendering on nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition.
- Fixed multiple issues with combinations of Stereo, SLI, FrameRendering and G-Sync.
- Fixed several issues with mode selection for CRTs and DFPs.
- Fixed a system crash starting X with TwinView on certain GPUs.
- Addressed an NV-CONTROL compatibility issue; please see the Known Issues section of the README for details.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1:Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Download the Driver File
Download - NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-1.0-8762.run
STEP 3: Install
Type "sh NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-1.0-8762.run" to install the driver, then edit your X config file as appropriate. See the README for more detailed instructions.
If you have any questions or problems, please check the NVIDIA Solaris Discussion forum.
You can also contact Sun Microsystems for support at http://sunsolve.sun.com, or your local service provider.