Solaris Display Driver – x64/x86
Operating System: Solaris x64/x86
Release Date: April 10, 2008
- Added support for the following new GPU:
- Added support for Quadro FX 5600/4600 SDI and Quadro G-Sync II.
- Fixed OpenGL rendering corruption with textures compressed using the DXT5 compression algorithm.
- Fixed a regression that caused invalid EDIDs to be detected for the internal display device on some notebooks.
- Fixed a problem that caused TV output on secondary TVs to be black and white on some GPUs.
- Fixed a bug that could result in kernel panics on SMP systems.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Download the Driver File
Download - NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-173.08.run
STEP 3: Install
Type "sh NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-173.08.run" to install the driver, then edit your X config file as appropriate. See the README for more detailed instructions.
If you have any questions or problems, please check the NVIDIA Solaris discussion forum.
You can also contact Sun Microsystems for support at http://sunsolve.sun.com, or your local service provider.