For an external resource on Solaris topics, visit the discussion forum at nvnews.net
Operating System: Solaris x64/x86
Release Date: June 05, 2009
- Fixed a Xinerama drawable resource management problem that can cause GLXBadDrawable errors in certain cases, such as when Wine applications are
- Fixed XineramaQueryScreens to return 0 screens instead of 1 screen with the geometry of screen 0 when XineramaIsActive returns false. This
conforms to the Xinerama manual page and fixes an interaction problem with
Compiz when there is more than one X screen.
- Added support for new horizontal interlaced and checkerboard passive stereo modes.
- Fixed a DisplayPort interaction problem with power management suspend/resume events.
- Fixed occasional X driver memory management performance problems when a composite manager is running.
- Fixed a bug with VT-switching or mode-switching while using Compiz; the bug could lead to a corrupted desktop (e.g., a white screen)
or in the worst case an X server crash.
- Fixed a bug that could cause GPU errors in some cases while driving Quadro SDI products.
- Fixed a several second hang when VT-switching while OpenGL stereo applications were running on pre-G80 Quadro GPUs.
- Added support for multiple swap group members on G80 and later Quadro GPUs.
- Fixed the behavior of the NV_CTRL_FRAMELOCK_SYNC_DELAY NV-CONTROL attribute on Quadro G-Sync II.
- Fixed a problem with Quadro SDI where transitioning from "clone mode" to "OpenGL mode" would fail.
- Fixed VDPAU to eliminate some cases of corruption when decoding H.264 video containing field-coded reference frames on G84, G86, G92, G94,
G96, or GT200 GPUs. Such streams are commonly found in DVB broadcasts.
- Slightly improved the performance of the VDPAU noise reduction algorithm.
- Enhanced VDPAU to validate whether overlay usage is supported by the current hardware configuration, and to automatically fall back to the blit-based presentation queue if required.
- Fixed error checking in VdpVideoMixerRender, to reject calls that specify more layers than the VdpMixer was created with.
- Modified VDPAU's VDPAU_DEBUG code to emit a complete backtrace on all platforms, not just on 32-bit Linux.
- Improved interaction between VDPAU and PowerMizer; appropriate performance levels should now be chosen for video playback of all
standard resolutions on all supported GPUs.
- Fixed a bug in VDPAU that sometimes caused "display preemption" when the VdpDecoderCreate function failed.
- Fixed a potential segfault in the VDPAU trace library, triggered by a multi-threaded application creating a new VdpDevice in one thread, at the same time that another thread detected "display preemption".
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Download the Driver File
Download - NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-185.18.14.run
STEP 3: Install
Type "sh NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-185.18.14.run" to install the driver, then edit your X config file as appropriate. See the README for more detailed instructions.
If you have any questions or problems, please check the NVIDIA Solaris discussion forum.
You can also contact Sun Microsystems for support at http://sunsolve.sun.com, or your local service provider.