Release 440 is an 'Optimal Drivers for Enterprise' (ODE) branch release. ODE branches are designed and tested to provide long-term stability and availability, making drivers from these branches ideal for enterprise customers and other users requiring application and hardware certification.
ODE drivers also serve as the basis from which Studio drivers are built. Thus, ODE drivers offer the same functionality as the corresponding NVIDIA Studio Ready drivers.
Release 440 delivers performance enhancements over the previous ODE, Release 430, with performance gains up to 30% for popular applications such as Dassault Systemes SOLIDWORKS, PTC Creo, and Autodesk VRED, depending on application mode and optimization settings.What’s New in Version 440 U3
Fixed Issues in Version 440 U3
- Added support for the upcoming RTX-accelerated ray tracing offered by Chaos Group’s V-Ray GPU Next and Blender 2.81.
- Added support for CUDA 10.2.
Known Issues in Version 440 U3
- [Avid Media Composer][OpenCL][OpenGL]: The OpenGL/OpenCL driver may hang when exiting the application.
- [V-Ray][OptiX]: Performance regression with V-Ray rendering.
- [Alchemist]: The application crashes when either changing the display resolution or switching to another display with a different resolution.
To workaround, avoid changing the resolution, or disconnecting from or connecting to an external display with the application opened.
- [Resolve]: The application may crash during timeline playback when using Blackmagic RAW CODEC media.
To address this issue, roll back the NVIDIA Driver to version 436.48.
If you would like to be notified of upcoming drivers for Windows, please subscribe here