Driver Name Change
With the introduction of NVIDIA RTX products powering the next generation of professional visual, compute, and AI platform solutions for the enterprise, the Quadro driver will be transitioning to the NVIDIA RTX Enterprise brand to better align with new and future products. NVIDIA RTX Enterprise drivers will continue to provide users with the same level of enterprise-class quality, reliability, performance, and security as previous Quadro drivers. These new drivers will not only deliver the latest features and improvements for NVIDIA RTX GPUs, but also for current and previous generation Quadro GPUs.
The driver branch name will also transition from "Optimal Driver for Enterprise" to "Production Branch." All the same enterprise attributes of the driver branch will remain. The new branch name will now allow driver types to be consistently referenced across other enterprise GPU products as well, such as Data Center GPUs. NVIDIA RTX Production Branch Driver
Release 460 is a 'Production Branch' (PB) release. PB drivers are designed and tested to provide long-term stability and availability, making these drivers ideal for enterprise customers and other users who require application and hardware certification from ISVs and OEMs respectively.
PB drivers are a superset of the NVIDIA Studio Drivers and provides all the benefits of the Studio Driver of the same version in addition to NVIDIA RTX-specific enhancements and testing. What’s New in Version 460 U5
Studio Application Updates:
- Adobe Camera Raw, which supports Adobe Super Resolution to provide the utmost realism and clarity in images
- Adobe Lightroom, which includes the Enhance Images feature to sharpen and improve image quality and runs up to 5x faster on NVIDIA GPUs
- DaVinci Resolve 17, which features Magic Mask to effortlessly select and remove people from backgrounds
Fixed Issues in Version 460 U5
- [SLI][Unreal Engine 4 (4.26)]: Present issue when SLI is enabled.
- [Unreal Engine 4 (4.26)]: Lightmass crashes with 7 or 8 GPUs.
Open Issues in Version 460 U5
To workaround, avoid changing the resolution, or disconnecting from or connecting to an external display with the application opened.
- [Alchemist]: The application crashes when either changing the display resolution or switching to another display with a different resolution.
If you would like to be notified of upcoming drivers for Windows, please subscribe here