- Added experimental HDMI 10 bits per component support; enable by loading nvidia-modeset with `hdmi_deepcolor=1`.
- Added support for the CTM, DEGAMMA_LUT, and GAMMA_LUT DRM-KMS CRTC properties. These are used by features such as the "Night Light" feature in GNOME and the "Night Color" feature in KDE, when they are used as Wayland compositors.
- Added CERTIFIED-quality support for GeForce and Workstation GPUs to open kernelmodules. Please see the "Open Linux Kernel Modules" chapter in the README for details.
- Added initial experimental support for runtime D3 (RTD3) power management on Desktop GPUs. Please see the 'PCI-Express Runtime D3 (RTD3) Power Management' chapter in the README for more details.
- Added support for the EGL_ANDROID_native_fence_sync EGL extension and the VK_EXTERNAL_SEMAPHORE_HANDLE_TYPE_SYNC_FD_BIT and VK_EXTERNAL_FENCE_HANDLE_TYPE_SYNC_FD_BIT Vulkan external handle types when the nvidia-drm kernel module is loaded with the modeset=1 parameter.
- Added experimental support for framebuffer consoles provided by nvidia-drm. On kernels that implement drm_fbdev_generic_setup and drm_aperture_remove_conflicting_pci_framebuffers, nvidia-drm will install a framebuffer console when loaded with both `modeset=1` and `fbdev=1` kernel module parameters. This will replace the Linux boot console driven by a system framebuffer driver such as efifb or vesafb.
Note that when an nvidia-drm framebuffer console is enabled, unloading nvidia-drm will cause the screen to turn off.
- Updated nvidia-installer to allow installing the driver while an existing NVIDIA driver is already loaded.
- Added support for virtual reality displays, such as the SteamVR platform, on Wayland compositors that support DRM leasing. Support requires xwayland version 22.1.0 and wayland-protocols version 1.22, or later. Tested on sway, minimum version 1.7 with wlroots version 0.15, and also on Kwin, minimum version 5.24.
Note: Before xwayland 23.2, there is a known issue with HDMI displays where the headset will fail to start a second time after closing SteamVR. This can be worked around by unplugging and replugging in the headset.
- Fixed a bug that prevented VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) from working with Wayland.
- Added support to the NVIDIA VDPAU driver for running in Xwayland. Please refer to the "Xwayland support in VDPAU" section of the README for further details.
- Added libnvidia-gpucomp.so to the driver package. This is a helper library used for GPU shader compilation.
- Removed libnvidia-vulkan-producer.so from the driver package. This helper library is no longer needed by the Wayland WSI.
- Fixed a bug that intermittently caused the display to freeze when resuming from suspend on some Ada GPUs.
- Fixed a bug that could cause monitors to flicker when the performance state changes on Turing GPUs.
- Added support for HDR signaling via the HDR_OUTPUT_METADATA and Colorspace per-connector DRM properties when nvidia-drm is loaded with the `modeset=1` parameter.
- Added support for PRIME render offload to Vulkan Wayland WSI.
- Fixed a bug that could cause modes to fail validation when Option "ModeValidation" "NoExtendedGpuCapabilitiesCheck" is specified in xorg.conf.
- Fixed a bug which could cause some DisplayPort monitors to flicker.