NVIDIA RTX Enterprise Production Branch Driver
Release 470 is the latest Production Branch (PB) release of the NVIDIA RTX Enterprise Driver. This new driver provides improvements over the previous branch in the areas of application performance, API interoperability (e.g., OpenCL/Vulkan), and application power management.
PB drivers are designed and tested to provide long-term stability and availability, making these drivers ideal for enterprise customers and other users who require application and hardware certification from ISVs and OEMs respectively.
The PB driver is a superset of the NVIDIA Studio Driver and provides all the benefits of the Studio Driver of the same version, in addition to NVIDIA RTX-specific enhancements and testing.What’s New in Version 470 U2
Fixed Issues in Version 470 U2
- This release adds security updates for driver components.
See the NVIDIA Security Bulletin 5211 for details of updates in this version.
- Studio Application Updates
- Unity 2021.2 Beta: native DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling) SDK 2.2.1 support enables optimal image quality in "Auto" mode
- Unreal Engine 4.27: Eye-tracked foveated rendering brings improved performance; GPU Lightmass baking built on RTX ray tracing provides improved lighting and detail control
- NVIDIA Omniverse: Platform for 3D content creation and collaboration, built from the ground up to be easily extensible and customizable with a modular development framework
- Enscape 3.1: Support for new VulkanRT renderer and NVIDIA Real-time Denoiser to provide smoother viewport visibility, as well as DLSS support to render at lower resolution for higher framerates
- Marmoset Toolbag 4.03: RTX-accelerated AI denoising added to allow artists to quickly visualize materials with photorealistic lighting and shadows
- Topaz Video Enhance AI: Added Slow Motion, a new RTX GPU Tensor Core-powered AI feature that generates high quality, smooth slow motion capture with minimal artifacts
- Pixar Animation Studios RenderMan 24: Added RenderMan XPU, a look-development focused GPU-accelerated ray tracer; together with AI denoising in the viewport, RenderMan XPU enables artists to interactively create their art and view an image that is predictive of the final frame render
- Discord: Support for NVDEC for accelerated video decoding, reducing video resources for better gaming/app performance and stability
Open Issues in Version 470 U2
- [Chaos] Artifacts depending on scratch buffer content appear in kernel prediction modes.
- [Catia V6 3DEXPERIENCE 2017x]: Corruption appears in the Viewport.
- [Direct2IR] [Maxwell/Pascal GPUs]: OptiX crashes (pointing to invalid instruction) when D2IR is used with V-Ray.
- [Alchemist]: The application crashes when either changing the display resolution or switching to another display with a different resolution.
To workaround, avoid changing the resolution, or disconnecting from or connecting to an external display with the application opened.
If you would like to be notified of upcoming drivers for Windows, please subscribe here