- Added support for the following new GPUs:
- Quadro FX 3600M
- GeForce 9800 GX2
- GeForce 9800 GTX
- GeForce 9600 GT
- GeForce 9600 GSO
- GeForce 9500M GS
- GeForce 8400
- GeForce 8400 GS
- Added support for Quadro FX 5600/4600 SDI and Quadro G-Sync II.
- Resolved a bug causing left and right eyes to be reversed in stereo mode on some Quadro FX GPUs.
- Fixed a problem that caused OpenGL to stop rendering to windows with origins at or beyond 4096 pixels (horizontally) on GeForce 8 and 9 GPUs.
- Fixed a bug causing some Quadro FX 4500 SDI configurations to take a long time to achieve synchronization.
- Added preliminary support for X.Org server 1.5.
- Addressed a problem causing visual corruption when using GeForce 8 GPUs to drive Chi Mei 56" displays.
- Addressed visual corruption when driving Cintiq 20WSX wide format tables with some GeForce 6 and 7 GPUs.
- Fixed OpenGL rendering corruption with textures compressed using the DXT5 compression algorithm.
- Fixed a regression that caused invalid EDIDs to be detected for the internal display device on some notebooks.
- Improved hotkey switching and power management support on some GeForce 8 notebooks.
- Fixed a regression causing some GeForce 6100/6150 systems to fail to restore the screen after DPMS cycles.
- Fixed interlaced modes on GeForce 8 GPUs.
- Fixed a problem that caused the synchronization signal polarity to always be positive for DVI devices on GeForce 8 and 9 GPUs.
- Resolved a problem resulting in X startup to fail on some GeForce 8 and 9 systems without swap space.
- Fixed a problem that caused TV output on secondary TVs to be black and white on some GPUs.
- Resolved a bug that could cause the X driver to crash in various out-of-IPC-resource scenarios; documented common IPC resource related problems in the README.
- Added initial support for FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Review Documentation
README - FreeBSD installation and configuration information.
STEP 3: Download the driver
STEP 4: Check dependencies
The dependencies are listed in the README.
STEP 5: Install
See the README for detailed installation instructions. If you have any questions or problems, please check the NVIDIA FreeBSD Discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org. When emailing email@example.com please attach an nvidia-bug-report.log, which is generated by running "nvidia-bug-report.sh".