Operating System: FreeBSD x86
Release Date: : November 14, 2008
- Added initial support for PureVideo-like features on Linux via the new VDPAU API (see the vdpau.h header file installed with the driver).
- Added new workstation performance optimizations.
- Enabled the X Render "GlyphCache" by default.
- Disabled shared memory X pixmaps by default; see the“AllowSHMPixmaps" option.
- Fixed a regression that could result in window decorationcorruption when running Compiz using Geforce 6 and 7 series GPUs.
- Improved X pixmap placement on GeForce 8 series and later GPUs.
- Improved stability on some GeForce 8 series and newer GPUs.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Review Documentation
README - FreeBSD installation and configuration information.
STEP 3: Download the driver
STEP 4: Check dependencies
The dependencies are listed in the README.
STEP 5: Install
See the README for detailed installation instructions. If you have any questions or problems, please check the NVIDIA FreeBSD Discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email (in English) to email@example.com. When emailing firstname.lastname@example.org please attach an nvidia-bug-report.log, which is generated by running "nvidia-bug-report.sh".