Solaris Display Driver – x64/x86
Operating System: Solaris x64/x86
Release Date: May 28, 2008
- Added support for the following new GPUs:
- Added support for Quadro FX 5600/4600 SDI and Quadro G-Sync II.
- Resolved a bug causing left and right eyes to be reversed in stereo mode on some Quadro FX GPUs.
- Fixed a problem that caused OpenGL to stop rendering to windows with origins at or beyond 4096 pixels (horizontally) on GeForce 8 and 9 GPUs.
- Fixed a bug causing some Quadro FX 4500 SDI configurations to take a long time to achieve synchronization.
- Added preliminary support for X.Org server 1.5.
- Addressed a problem causing visual corruption when using GeForce 8 GPUs to drive Chi Mei 56" displays.
- Addressed visual corruption when driving Cintiq 20WSX wide format tables with some GeForce 6 and 7 GPUs.
- Fixed OpenGL rendering corruption with textures compressed using the DXT5 compression algorithm.
- Fixed a regression that caused invalid EDIDs to be detected for the internal display device on some notebooks.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the console from being restored correctly in SLI mode on GeForce 6 and 7 GPUs.
- Fixed interlaced modes on GeForce 8 GPUs.
- Fixed a problem that caused the synchronization signal polarity to always be positive for DVI devices on GeForce 8 and 9 GPUs.
- Resolved a problem resulting in X startup to fail on some GeForce 8 and 9 systems without swap space.
- Fixed a bug resulting in X crashes when using GeForce 8 and 9 GPUs in SLI to drive X screens at depth 8.
- Fixed a problem that caused TV output on secondary TVs to be black and white on some GPUs.
- Fixed a bug that could result in kernel panics on SMP systems.
- Fixed a problem causing multi-threaded JOGL applications to hang on exit.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Download the Driver File
Download - NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-173.14.05.run
STEP 3: Install
Type "sh NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-173.14.05.run" to install the driver, then edit your X config file as appropriate. See the README for more detailed instructions.
If you have any questions or problems, please check the NVIDIA Solaris discussion forum.
You can also contact Sun Microsystems for support at http://sunsolve.sun.com, or your local service provider.