In this introductory section of NVIDIA's 2014 Global Citizenship Report, our chief executive officer and executive vice president of operations share our approach to corporate responsibility. They discuss the opportunities, successes and challenges we have faced and expect to face in the future.
This section also contains an overview of NVIDIA's priority areas related to corporate responsibility, where you can learn how we interact with stakeholders and integrate their feedback into our overall approach.
In 2014, a group of NVIDIA executives involved in corporate responsibility agreed upon three focus areas in which we will achieve greater responsibility:
- Operational Efficiency and Excellence
- Employee Acquisition and Retention
- Risk and Opportunity Management
In coming years, we will identify initiatives within these areas where we can achieve improvement, and use this annual report to discuss our progress.
Our customers and end-users share our desire to be socially and environmentally responsible, and we continually work to meet their expectations. Although we have a lot of work left to do, we're proud of the progress we've made to date. So far, we have:
- Ranked No. 6 in the Newsweek Green Rankings.
- Earned a score of 87 (out of 100) in the Carbon Disclosure Project.
- Become the first IT company to receive greenhouse gas assurance of our global emissions.
- Become one of the first companies to transition to the Global Reporting Initiatives G4 guidelines. In 2013 we received a B+ application level Check from the GRI.
Our commitment to excellence in social and environmental responsibility matches our commitment to design excellence in our ever-expanding product line.
We invite you to peruse this report in its entirety to gain a comprehensive view of the many steps we are taking, and plan to take in the coming years, to achieve increasingly higher levels of corporate responsibility and global sustainability.